Functional Restrictions of the SARA Demo
The following functionality is planned for the productive service, but isn't deployed on the demo yet:
- archiving isn't permanent
- privately archived projects cannot be retrieved from the archive
- two example institutional repositories available for testing (see below)
- archive and deposit licenses are placeholder
- SARA requests write access. GitHub doesn't support read-only access to repositories (!), and GitLab's current permission model requires us to request write access.
- The GitHub integration doesn't use Shibboleth authentication because most identity providers don't send all required attributes for the demo.
- The demo is running on fairly low resources (small RAM and a slow CPU). It will not handle large projects very well!
If you need a project for testing, fork an open source project, or create a new project and add a README.md. You will not be able to archive an empty project.
Available Institutional Repositories
- Institutional Repository of Demo University (IRDU): Publications must be finished in the IR and then undergo a (simulated) quality review. Use the following credentials to submit your publication:
- username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- password: SaraTest
- Totally Legitimate Data Repository (TL;DR): Publications will be accepted directly. (In productive use, a quality review step would be added, but has been disabled for the demo.) To submit your publication, please use the email@example.com login.
Note that both Institutional Repositories are currently offline! Archiving itself works, however "continue to bibliographical record" simply hangs forever.